Are you a Veteran wanting to buy a home?
Veterans Land Board Loan Program FAQs
- The VLB home loan program can be used to buy single family homes, town homes, condos, and 2-4 unit properties. In addition, some manufactured homes are also eligible. The property must be located in Texas and the borrowers primary residence.
- There are 3 forms on the VLB website that the homebuyer’s Realtor or lender must complete and submit for approval. Veterans must also provide discharge or honorable separation. Form DD-214.
- The process for approval takes approximately 2 business days.
- Any veteran who served on active duty for at least 90 days, was separated from the military with honorable discharge or honorable conditions and is a Texas resident is eligible to take advantage of the VLB loan programs, subject to credit approval. Unmarried surviving spouses can also apply.
- Interest rates are usually below market and are set weekly. Rates are published at 5pm every Friday on the VLB website.
For more information visit www.TexasVeterans.com or contact Keith Robertson at 936-582-1700